Monday, April 30, 2012

TURBO FIRE - DAY 1

Day 1 - Damn, Chalene Johnson kicked my butt! And you know what, I started with the Prep Class to work my way up to the more intense workouts! Chalene kicks A$$!!! Yes, I did struggle, but I kept going because Chalene's energy is so intense and intoxicating! I like her energy more than I do Jillian Michaels.

But I have to admit, despite my long hiatus from exercise and physical activity, I FEEL GOOD! I tried doing Jillian Michaels' 30-Day Shred, and I never came out of it feeling even more motivated, energetic, and enthusiastic. It was literally like work. Turbo Fire was hard but it was fun! Like Zumba! The music makes a world of difference!

Speaking of Zumba, why didn't choose that instead of Turbo Fire, besides the fact that I got Turbo Fire for free? Zumba is loads of fun; I used to take it at 24-Hour Fitness. And I could have purchased the Zumba fitness program. But Beachbody has been around a long time and they have an excellent reputation for producing results. I wanted intensity and a program that I can follow, that shows me exactly what I have to do each day. Beachbody has that.

Funny, I had previously thought about doing the Insanity workout because I wanted to go all-in, "Go fo' broke", as we say in Hawaii. Everyone who did it says that the fit test alone is killer. But I couldn't pass up on a freebie from my sister. Not only that, though, my sister said that she worked pretty hard with Turbo Fire.

Well, I guess Day 1 went well. We'll see about tomorrow - will I be able to get out of bed???

No comments:

Post a Comment